Visiting the best areas of the City
Integrated with abundant historical backgrounds and modern elements, the city center consist of the Central District that preserves business and historical humanity; the East District that has been developed in the very early days and therefore preserves many old place names; the South District, where the court, national library and two university campuses are located; the West District that is full of cultural and educational atmosphere; the North District, where Yizong Shopping Area and Tianjin Shopping Area have been developed; the Xitun District, where National Taichung Theater, Maple Garden and other famous tourist attractions are located; the Nantun District, where the indigenous Babuza people used to live; and Beitun District, which is reputed as the most beautiful back yard of Taichung. Every administrative district of Taichung City Center can bring tourists the novel feelings with surprises!
- 1 North Dist.
- 2 Central Dist.
- 3 East Dist.
- 4 West Dist.
- 5 South Dist.
- 6 Xitun Dist.
- 7 Nantun Dist.
- 8 Beitun Dist.
- It is a must to come to Yizhong Shopping Area and Fengjia Shopping Area. It is guaranteed that you will have nice food, great fun and wonderful shopping experience here!
- Do not miss the Miyahara’s specially made ice-cream drilled with lots of ingredients.
- The Western Museum Newpalace has exciting private collection items that take you to experience the wonderful western culture.
- Dakeng Trail is an ideal hiking route for loving couples, families and seniors. Let’s have a deep breath in the forest and get away from the busy and bustling life of the city.
- National Taichung Theater is a must-visit place for art-lovers to visually and acoustically experience the art feast.
- Painted with amusing graffiti with abundant colors, the Rainbow Military Village (or “Rainbow Military Dependents' Village”) is as dreamy as the scene in the fairy tale!
- Full of cultural and artistic atmosphere, the waterfronts of Luchuan and Liuchuan canals are highly recommended. You can have a picnic here in daytime or have a romantic walk at night.